A Great Log Monitor for Debugging and Administration
Hoo Technologies has released Hoo WinTail v3.3, a great log monitor for debugging and administration. Hoo WinTail
is a real-time log monitor for Windows like the UNIX tail -f utility. It can be used to view the end of a growing file. It is ideal for viewing application
traces or server log in real-time. You can view the last part of a large file quickly without the need to load the entire file. Hoo WinTail can capture
and display OutputDebugString (Windows debugging API) output as well.
- Monitor all kinds of log files and display the last part of them in real-time
- Capture and display OutputDebugString output in real-time
- Highlight filters support
- Send notification emails for designated highlight phrases occurrence
- Write the line that includes specified highlight phrase to a specified file
- Include/Exclude filters support
- MDI interface, monitor multiple log files and capture OutputDebugString
output at the same time
- Minimize to systray and flash systray icon to indicate new lines
- Bookmarks & Number Bookmarks support
- Support DOS, UNIX and Unicode format log files
- Indicate file size in window title bar
Hoo WinTail is a file viewer only. It makes no changes to log files.
It opens log files in read-only mode. As new lines are written to log file by
other programs (e.g. your applications or web server), Hoo WinTail reads the new
lines and displays them.
Hoo WinTail v3.3 runs under Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000/NT/Me/98/95
(both 32-bit and 64-bit editions compatible), costs $49.95(US) for a single-user
license, and may be purchased securely from http://www.hootech.com/WinTail/buy.htm.
All future updates are available without cost to registered users. You can download
a trial version at http://www.hootech.com/WinTail/freedown.htm.
Multi-user, educational, and nonprofit discounts are available. For more information,
please visit http://www.hootech.com/WinTail/
or write to <support at hootech.com>.
Related Press Release: